Well, actually it’s called ‘National Talk in an Elevator Day’
We just recently found out that this day existed 😉 The one day a year where you have a built-in excuse to engage in some friendly conversation with your fellow elevator riders. The last Friday of July every year marks “National Talk in an Elevator Day,” and the sky is the limit to break the ice in your routinely silent vertical commute.
We here at Atlas Elevators want to lead the way in the spirit of this day, just so you don’t miss out on it next year, here are some tips taken from our elevator experiences on how to make the most out of this national holiday:
- You can start by mentioning that it’s “National Talk in an Elevator Day, or that there is a National Day for elevator talk 😉
- Keep it simple: Don’t feel like you need to answer life’s big questions on the way up to the office. A comment on the weather or the fact that today is Friday works just fine to alleviate a completely silent elevator ride.
- Hold the door and say hello: Use the hold door button, not your arm, to let in that person that’s broken into a half jog in the lobby. Even our elevators are eager to get going, but it’s a nice gesture to someone you’ll likely have to see again.
- Stay positive: You’re tired, it’s been a long week and you don’t want to be disturbed during your elevator ride. Well, there’s no better pick-me up than putting on a positive face for others. If you recognize someone in the elevator you don’t normally talk to, don’t let this perfect day to start a conversation pass you by. Let them know it’s a holiday and ask how they’re doing.
Too often the elevator is an awkward experience despite its everyday use for many people. Take some time to acknowledge the people around you, not just today but every day. Provide some positive conversation and support!
, National Holiday
Let us agree that the evolution of elevators has been fast-paced. This brings us to wondering, what’s next. Looks like elevator giants ThyssenKrupp already has the answer. Their design for the next generation of elevators resolves a number of modern-day issues that are telated to elevators. Reduced floor space, long waiting times, limited cabins per shaft, less capacity.. You name it, the ThyssenKrupp elevator design has answere it all.
How do these elevators work? Apparently, the elevators, termed MULTI, are expected to move in a loop, with more than one cabin per shaft. The elevators not only move vertically, but also horizontally. The shaft is also reduced in size, as the elevators are magnetically controlled, and not with the help of cables. The technology allows building owners to confine the elevators to a limited space. Moreover, the designers claim that the elevator waiting time will be just 30 seconds on an average. Wow! Watch this video for more!
Atlas Elevators is constantly in search for innovations in the industry, and are waiting to adopt best practices into our system. We offer quality elevator design and installation, apart from elevators built on latest trends. Contact us today for all enquiries!
Tags: atlas elevators uae
, elevator company uae
, elevator manufacturers dubai
, modern elevators dubai
, thyssenkrupp multi
With all the super-tall buildings around, it makes you wonder how do people actually live on those top floors. Buildings with over 30 floors are not uncommon in UAE, and apartments are inhabited at even such dizzying heights. Instinct would warn you against renting an apartment on top floors, but maybe living at the top isn’t so bad. Here’s why we think it might be a good idea after all.
- Privacy is the biggest advantage of living on top floors. You are saved from worrying about being seen through windows.
- Your view is much better than those below you. The city lights and tiny cars are a treat for your eyes.
- Top floors are much more peaceful, as traffic is lesser.
- We agree that it may take a while for elevators to reach you, but you won’t have to be greeted by large groups of people when one does arrive!
- This one may be overlooked, but home makers know how significant it is. Top floors are often safe from insects and other disturbances. Ants and roaches don’t climb so far up, and even flies avoid such heights.
With elevator technology advancing at a rapid pace, top floor apartments aren’t as overwhelming as they used to be. You might even enjoy staying up there more than you would downstairs!
Tags: commercial elevators dubai
, elevator company dubai
, high rise dubai
, home elevators dubai
, latest elevator technology